Linking your Instagram Business or Creator account to Flick can sometimes prove to be a little challenging due to Instagram's complex Graph API. This is a step by step guide to diagnosing the problem and fixing it.
This guide contains the following sections:
Why you might not see your Instagram account
Why you might not see your Instagram account
If you cannot see one of your Instagram Business or Creator accounts when trying to link your account to Flick, this will be for one of the following reasons:
A Facebook page has not been properly connected to your Instagram account, or
Your Instagram account has not been properly converted to a Business or Creator account
You have not given Flick permissions to the FB page connected to your IG account
You have a cookie blocker enabled - if so, disable it during the linking process
You are using Mozilla Firefox as your browser - if so, try linking on another browser
In order to link your Instagram to Flick, the following statements must be true. If one or more of these statements is false, you can find out how to fix below
1. Your Instagram account is a business or creator page
2. Your Instagram is linked to a Facebook page, not a profile
3. Your Facebook profile is admin of the Facebook page
Before starting this checklist, please also make sure you are not blocking cookies on your browser as this interferes with the linking process. Please also ensure you are not using Mozilla Firefox. Once your accounts are linked you can re-enable cookies and use Mozilla Firefox without any problems arising.
1. Make sure your Instagram account is a Business or Creator account and is properly connected to a Facebook business page.
1. Open Facebook and navigate to your Facebook page.
2. Head to your Facebook page and open Facebook page settings. Scroll down the settings and select 'Instagram'.
3. From this page, you will be able to see if your Instagram is connected to your Facebook Page. If you do not see any linked accounts here you can click 'Connect Account' to link your Instagram.
Note: If your account is connected but reads 'Review Connection' please follow the instructions on screen to re-login to your Instagram account to successfully link.
Open Instagram on your phone, navigate to settings, from the options, select "Account"
If your Instagram is a Business account then you will see the option to switch to a "personal account" as well as a "Creator" account.
If your Instagram is a Creator account then you will see the option to switch to a "personal account" as well as a "Business" account. If you do not see both options in either case, then you have not properly converted your Instagram account to a business/creator profile. You can do so by following the steps outlined here, then try linking your account again. If you do see both options then your account is a Business/Creator account. The following step is to check whether your account is properly connected to a Facebook Page.
Tap the "Linked Accounts" in the accounts menu
If your Facebook account is linked properly, you should see your Facebook page at the top. If it isn't there, this is probably the cause of the error. To solve it, you will need to switch your Instagram account to a personal account and then back to a Business / Creator account.
Note: Doing this will erase your account's stats in the analytics section of Instagram. Be sure to take some screenshots beforehand if those analytics are important.
Once this is done, head back to Flick and try linking your Instagram account again.
2. Make sure you have the Admin role on the Facebook page linked to the Instagram account you are looking to link to Flick.
Navigate to Facebook and head over to the page connected to your Instagram account
Click on settings and then navigate to page roles
3. You will need to see your own profile listed as an Admin or Editor on the page. If you do not see your profile then ask the admin of the page to change your permissions.
If you are still experiencing problems linking your account to Flick after having followed this step by step guide, it is probably a problem with the permissions.
Solving Permission Problems
Permission problems occur for two primary reasons:
1. When first linking your account to Flick you did not give the correct permissions
2. There has been a change to the original Instagram or Facebook page linked in Flick.
In order to solve both these issues, follow these steps:
2. Search for Flick
3. Select Flick by clicking on the box on the far right. 4. Click on delete and confirm the removal of Flick as a business integration 5. Head back to Flick and go to Manage IG Accounts 6. Click on "Connect Instagram / Facebook Accounts" or "Refresh Accounts"
Your accounts should now appear. If you are still struggling to link your account after following the steps outlined in this article, don't hesitate to reach out, our support team will happily guide you through the process.