A quick and simple breakdown of how to use our hashtag metrics for your Instagram account!
In this article we will explore:
- Metrics in Flick's Hashtag Suite
- Metrics in Flick's Analytics Suite
Flick's hashtag Suite Metrics
The competition, potential reach, and DAPc metrics are available on the Growth plan or above.
Competition Score: The number of people you’ll be competing against on a specific hashtag.
Potential Reach: The number of people you’re likely to reach if you rank on a specific hashtag.
DAPC (Daily Average Post Count): The average number of posts made into a hashtag, daily! (Based on the last 7 days of activity).
Average Likes / Comments: The average number of likes / comments received on content that has ranked in the ‘top posts’ section of a hashtag.
Posts Made: The total number of posts made in a hashtag.
- You will increase the reach of your post with hashtags when you rank in the ‘top posts’ section of a hashtag.
- To rank on a hashtag the ‘likes’ on your piece of content must be similar to or greater than the average ‘likes’ of the content that is currently ranking (in the top posts section) on a specific hashtag.
- You may not get results even though you've ranked on it if the hashtag has no one looking at it or if because the hashtags aren’t relevant enough, meaning you’re reaching people outside of your target audience.
- You can see the impressions you’ve received from hashtags on a specific piece of your content by going into your post analytics.
- Constantly testing & iterating will lead to the best results.
- Ensure the average ‘likes’ of the hashtag you’re going to use is similar to that of your own content.
- Hashtags that have low competition and high potential reach are going to provide the best results.
Flick's Analytic Suite Metrics
These metrics are accessible to users who have added Analytics Pro to their subscription and can be accessed here.
Time used: The number of times since activating Analytics Pro, you have used that hashtag
Times ranked: The number of posts you made with that hashtag which ranked in the top 100 posts for that hashtag
Average best rank: For each post that ranks on a hashtag, we look at the highest it ranked on that hashtag and then average that across all your posts. The smaller the number that better!
Efficiency Score (BETA): The efficiency score is computed by a proprietary algorithm that is constantly being improved. The overall value of this hashtag, relative to the hashtags you've used - takes into consideration the hashtag's size, where you rank on it, and the frequency that you rank on it. This score becomes more accurate the more you use a hashtag.. It is currently in beta and still being refined.
We hope this helps, and as always feel free to send us a message if you have any questions!