Invalid Permissions & Expired Access tokens
What are invalid permissions and Access tokens?
For Flick to access your Instagram account, Flick requires you to give permission to access this information. This is done through Facebook. Sometimes, when linking an Instagram account to Flick, some of the settings needed to access your data are switched off. Access tokens are unique codes that identify a social media account, Flick connects to your Facebook, and subsequently your Instagram account through your access token. These tokens are temporary and from time to time will need to be refreshed.
To fix both of these issues above, please follow the instructions below:
1. Head to Flick’s Manage IG account settings page
2. Click ‘Refresh Accounts’
3. When the Facebook pop-up opens, click ‘Edit Settings’
4. Make sure all your IG accounts and associated FB pages are ticked and continue.
5. Here you’ll see your permission settings, make sure all of these settings are enabled, and then click continue.
Once these steps are completed, you should now have reset your permissions and your access token.
Facebook Business Integrations
Another common reason why you may not see one of your Instagram accounts is they have not been granted the correct integrations within Facebook. You can easily and quickly check this by following the guide below.
1. Head to Facebook business integrations settings here
2. Click on Flick’s integration ‘view and edit’
3. From here, make sure all Instagram accounts and their associated FB pages are ticked and any other settings are enabled.
4. Save your new settings and head back to Flick.
5. You should now be able to select any accounts which were unticked by clicking ‘refresh accounts’
Common Prerequisites to linking
There are three key prerequisites to linking any Instagram account to Flick, these three ‘rules’ must all be true in order to link your account.
Please check and make sure the following rules are true for you account
Your Instagram account is a business or creator page
Your Instagram is linked to a Facebook business page, not a profile.
Your Facebook profile is an admin of the Facebook page
Once these rules are true, head to Flick to link your account
If you are still having trouble linking, please in touch with your friends at Flick either by our in-app live support or via email. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible and get you linked in no time!